child of grey matter

the ups and downs of life as the child of a brain tumor patient

Saturday, November 04, 2006

insurance doesn't care about mental health

i just got a letter from my insurance company requesting my therapist fill out a form as to why i'm in therapy, my diagnosis, and the approximate remaining duration of my time in therapy. they won't reimburse me until the form is returned, so the huge amount of money that is owed to me ($1000+) is not forthcoming. great.

and yet, as much at it upsets, annoys, and angers me, i'm surprisingly calm about it. this is the biggest proof i have that the brain candy is obviously working. i'm not throwing a fit, i know the problem will be resolved, my money will come, and if it doesn't then i'll make a huge stink. there's just no use worrying about it at 6pm on a saturday night. i'm so proud of myself i can barely stand it. this is a huge step for me, and i feel really victorios in my fight against depression. granted, it could all change in an instant, but at this moment, i feel really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home