child of grey matter

the ups and downs of life as the child of a brain tumor patient

Friday, October 06, 2006

sooo relaxed

i haven't slept this well in more months than i can count. and to have restful sleep for more than one night is also unheard of in as many months. to know that my time is my own, my priorities are my own, and whatever i do which is not in my best interests only damages me, not anyone else, is freeing. not being on call, not worrying, not taking care of others-it just lifts some of the weight off my shoulders. i miss my mom, but every day it gets easier and easier to think of myself. since i'm still nearby, i don't have the same sense of worry that i would have if i were away. but i do miss the food-A is a fabulous cook, and it's nice when someone else picks up the grocery bill. i've made an appointment to get some 'brain candy' as D calls it, which also is comforting. there's been sleeping, lots and lots of sleeping; and television, my faithful mistress. who knew the sitcom 'reba' was so good? and today is going to be a great day-i don't even mind the nasty weather.. meeting D for lunch, shopping, doing some research for a paper, meeting friends for ethiopian, and then playing tennis all weekend. this is my idea of a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home