child of grey matter

the ups and downs of life as the child of a brain tumor patient

Friday, July 21, 2006

my aching back

i normally don't have problems sleeping. if i do, i take a sleeping pill, but i sleep deeply, dreamlessly, 99% of the time. but last night, i had stress and anxiety dreams so bad that my back hurts and i'm cranky and i'm all wound up. my mom's family is in town, and i'm not happy about it. they're all so self-absorbed and obnoxious. my grandmother is in complete denial after basically ignoring us for two years to deal with my other aunt's cancer, and trying to make it as though my mom's condition isn't really as serious as we're making it out to be. i'm not sure how i'm going to make it through the next three days without blowing my top. they don't get that we're putting on a g-rated show for them, the beige and vanilla version of our daily lives. dear lord, this is going to be horrible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home