child of grey matter

the ups and downs of life as the child of a brain tumor patient

Monday, July 17, 2006

unsettled, again

i've got that tingly, tight feeling in my lower esophagus (is that even spelled correctly?) that has me feeling off. this time it's a combination of a busy, slightly frustrating day along with the notion that i really need to make a decision in near future about my fall semester of graduate school. i'm totally at a loss as to what to do. if my program offered classes all the time, i'd definitely take the semester, or year, off. there's no way i can give myself to studying when i know what else is happening. but since classes are only offered every other year, and i have no idea if my scholarship transfers, and i'm not sure what i would do about healthcare and money and ways to distract myself, i just don't what to do. i feel like i'm at a crossroads, because i've placed a large amount of importance on graduating in 2 years and getting my life back on track financially (i.e. getting some really money, not just the government's school loans). i'm on hold, and this is one more example how my life has come to a screeching halt while we all just wait to see what the hell the future holds.

how could anyone, including myself, expect me to concentrate or focus? and at what point do i need to inform my professor that i'm in this really terrible situation, and whether i even want to finish this degree at all? am i really going to want this particular degree after i've gone through this experience? right now, i have no answers to anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home